Central West End Church is a church of Jesus Christ that exists to help build a great city through a movement of the gospel that brings spiritual, social, and cultural renewal to St. Louis and to the world.
We are pursuing Christ as he renews the city spiritually, socially, and culturally.
- Pursuing Christ: We will be a church that revolves around the centrality of the gospel and its power to reorder our hearts and world so that God is back at the center where He belongs (Romans 1:16).
- As He renews: We will be a church that remembers we are simply following Jesus in a work he is already doing, and that ultimately only he can accomplish (Col. 1:15-20).
- The city: We will be a church that is focused more on building the city than building itself (Jeremiah 29:7).
- Spiritually: We will be a church that addresses the gospel to the deepest sins, wounds, and distortions of people’s lives (2 Corinthians 5:17-21).
- Socially: We will be a church that addresses the gospel to the racial, economic, and social distortions of the city, challenging and equipping everyone to leverage their resources for the common good, especially the most vulnerable of society (Isaiah 1:17, Ephesians 2:15).
- Culturally: Because the gospel transforms every area of life (from the arts to business to government to media to the academy) we will be a church that addresses the gospel to the integration of faith with work and vocation (Genesis 2:15, 1 Corinthians 15:58).